This course aims at the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages level A1. By the end of this course, students should be able to:
• understand familiar words and phrases common to daily situations and relating to themes of personal relevance (personal information, interests, interpersonal relationships), whenever the interlocutor speaks slowly and clearly (oral comprehension);
• understand simple words, expressions and phrases and grasping information in notices, timetables, and catalogues as well as very simple messages such as text messages and emails (written comprehension);
• communicate in basic daily situations and brief social interactions, with the collaboration of the interlocutor, asking and answering simple questions of immediate relevance and on familiar topics (verbal interaction);
• use simple expressions and phrases for describing oneself and others and to narrate general events and routine actions (oral expression);
• write very brief informal messages and personal notes, filling in forms with personal information (written expression).