The MSc in Economics provides a high quality graduate education in economics, training students in rigorous methods of analysis and preparing them for successful careers in banking, consultancy, international organizations or academia. Students can also pursue a Double or a Joint Degree.
The MSc in Economics provides students with the conceptual tools and advanced analytic techniques to apply economic reasoning to demanding issues in today's private business, public policy, and academic research domains.
The program follows rigorous international standards. Classes are small, taught by internationally recognized professors and industry experts, and focused on advanced economic knowledge and techniques. The program is suited to students with both applied interests and more research-oriented profiles. The Master in Economics gives you also the opportunity to pursue a Double Degree or a Joint Degree at a top international school, or a one-semester international exchange.
Once you complete your foundation courses, you can focus on a major:
- Public Policy & Regulation;
- Macroeconomic Policy;
- General Economics;
- Finance & Banking.
At the same time, you'll be prepared for the workplace with Leadership Lab activities and internship opportunities. Finally, you'll work on your thesis project and be ready to develop your professional career.
This program is designed to provide you with the academic knowledge, the technical tools, and the practical skills to succeed in a variety of private and public sector careers. Graduates pursue high level careers in international agencies, regulation and competition bodies, and universities, as well as in consulting, finance, strategy and accounting, among other fields.
Who should apply
- Graduates in Economics, Management with strong quantitative background, or another quantitative discipline who seek to acquire the conceptual tools and training in quantitative methods to understand economic issues and apply economic reasoning to private business, public policy, or academic research domains;
- International exposure (exchange, summer school or internship abroad) and extracurricular achievements are highly valued by the Admissions Jury.
- Have a Master degree at one of the preeminent business and economics schools in Europe, having recently been ranked by The Financial Times in the list of Top European Business Schools;
- Became part of an alumni network of more than 40.000 graduates worldwide;
- Choosing one of the majors offer you have the opportunity to invest and specialize in your favorite field, while presenting a balanced perspective on Economics;
- CATÓLICA-LISBON is well-known for its academic excellence! We offer rigorous quality in every course we teach using state-of-the-art knowledge;
- A Master's degree will ensure better placement success rates, higher autonomy and responsibility during your first jobs and most importantly, greater potential! CATÓLICA-LISBON places over 98% of its graduates in 3 months after completing their degree.