Tel: (+351) 215 906 007
6th edition*: starts on February 17th, 2022
*Applications open until February 10th, 2022
Classes: Thursdays and Fridays, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Duration: 5 months | total of 104 hours
This program will be taught in portuguese
The amount of data available reached incalculable dimensions with the advancement of the information systems, so it is vital their treatment and analysis to support companies strategic decisions.
This program aims to provide analytics professionals a deeper view and understanding of the concepts and methodologies used in scientific research over large datasets that can be applied and implemented in industry contexts, with direct impact on firms’ performance.
The Business Analytics: Data Science and Big Data program combines theoretical lectures with hands-on sessions. The program is designed to walk participants along the typical phases of a data analytics project, starting with business understanding, followed by data collection and interpreting descriptive statistics, then moving into simple and advanced predictive modeling, to conclude with the design of randomized experiments to try to establish causal effects.
- Understand how to use Big Data Processing Systems (Hadoop, Hive, Spark);
- Understand how to use cloud computing infrastructures, replicable in any business context;
- Implement the latest theories on data analysis, including the predictive and causal deduction methods;
- Use some statistical programming language that allows the company to put into practice the new methods of machine learning and causal modeling (R language);
- Understand how to assess companies data assets value and how to measure the effect of every change.
- This program is practical and experimental, involving a real-world case study where the participants have to build a Machine Learning Model to anticipate customers behavior and have to design an experience to achieve the organizational implementation of a campaign.
- In the end, the result of the intervention designed is analyzed to perceive its value and impact on the business.
To the participants who choose evaluation must take all the steps successfully. The knowledge assessment comprehends a teamwork preparation and two exams, suited to the character and structure of the program and its modules. The teamwork weights 50% of the total score; the exams (part I and II) combined are 50%.
To the graduated participants who choose evaluation and get a positive score in the teamwork task and the two exams (minimum 10, in a scale 0 out of 20) and meet attendance’s minimum requirements (80% of the sessions counted by the program’s number of total hours) will get a post-graduation certificate and its score.
To the non-graduated participants or to the ones who don’t choose evaluation but meet attendance’s minimum requirements (80% of the sessions counted by the program’s number of total hours) will get an Executive Training certificate.
Miguel Godinho Matos, Program Director, presents some insights about Productivity in Companies:
Miguel Godinho Matos, Program Director, presents some insights about Content Recommendation Systems:
Miguel Godinho Matos, Program Director, presents some insights about Supervised Learning: