Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to complete the following tasks:
- Understand the basic concepts of sampling and inferential statistics and compute various inferential statistics;
- Perform hypothesis testing applying probability theory, quantifying the probability of committing an error and distinguishing the different types of statistical errors;
- Formalize regression models, perform the estimation of parameters and interpret the results;
- Understand the differences among various statistical techniques and identify the appropriate technique to be used in a specific problem ;
- Explore data numerically and grap hically, communicate the results in business and academic environments;
- Perceive the usefulness of statistics and be aware of the ethical issues pertaining to data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Prerequisites: Statistics I