A Joint Degree experience offers you the opportunity to enrich your international experience and gain a deep international understanding. The international immersion gained through this experience is highly valued by recruiters and likely to increase the potential for an international career.
What is a Joint Degree?
A Joint Degree is a joint program that allows you to:
- Study at two top business and economic schools
- Enroll in a Master Program with the duration of 4 semesters
- Receive one joint diploma signed by both Universities
- Create a differentiating factor in your CV
- Spend the first academic year at CATÓLICA-LISBON and the second academic year at Université Catholique de Louvain
Why a Joint Degree?
A Joint Degree offers professional skills and an advanced understanding of economic problems, both from a theoretical and an applied perspective. Two programs are offered:
Joint Degree in Economic Theory - Finalité Approfondie/Research Focus
Joint Degree in General Economics - Finalité Spécialisée /Professional Focus
General Requirements for Joint Degree
Applications available only for September intake, 1st and 2nd round of applications.
- Admission to the MSc in Economics: in order to apply for the Joint Degree, candidates must apply and be admitted first to the MSc in Economics;
- In addition to the Statement of Purpose for the MSc in Economics, candidates are asked to include a motivation letter for the Joint Degree, stating why they should be selected for this program;
- Candidates will be interviewed by the Admissions Comittee of CATÓLICA-LISBON;
- Admission to the Joint Degree program is conditional on the maintenance of academic performance during the first year.
You will be issued with a Joint Diploma of Master en Sciences Économiques Orientation Générale à Finalité Approfondie or à Finalité Spécialisé by Université Catholique de Louvain and Université de Namur and an International MSc in Economics by CATÓLICA-LISBON.
About Université Catholique de Louvain
Founded in 1425, Université Catholique de Louvain is one of the best Business Schools according to the Financial Times Ranking.