At CATÓLICA-LISBON we expect MIF participants to be of exceptional quality.
We are looking for applicants who are willing to enhance their skills and performance through this program, and who will use it to successfully advance their careers. Applicants have to show the commitment, experience and the necessary motivation to both benefit from the MIF Program, as well as be valid contributors to the group.
We recommend that our applicants have at least 2.5 years of professional experience. The diversity of the student body and the richness of the professional experience they bring to the program are vital elements of the learning process. However, we do admit a limited number of outstanding Applicants with less than 2.5 years of working experience.
The CFA® exams, courses and the MIF study materials are in English. Therefore, mastery of the English language is necessary.
Applications for the next edition of the MIF Program will be open on September 3rd, 2017. The program will start in March 2018.
The following documents are needed to submit your application:
- Application form;
- Curriculum vitae (CV); maximum length: two pages;
- Photocopy of applicant's ID;
- Statement of purpose;
- Photocopy of official university transcripts confirming your academic qualifications (originals will be confirmed by the MIF Office afterwards);
- One personal reference: it should be sent directly by the referee to the e-mail address of the admissions office;
- Proof of proficiency in English. Proficiency in English can be evaluated through previous academic or professional experience, an English Diploma or through scores in TOEFL or IELTS tests.
All documents should be sent to the admissions office by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Review of application
Once your application is complete, it will be analyzed and we will contact you to schedule an interview with one of the Program Directors. We will subsequently get in touch to let you know whether you have been admitted or not.
The application to MIF is subject to an application fee of € 100 payable after submitting the application process.
In the academic year of 2017/2018, the cost was € 11,250* (eleven thousand and two hundred and fifty euros). Students could pay the programme fully, at the beginning, or in 9 installments:
- Until March 2017: € 550 enrollment fee (CATÓLICA-LISBON alumni and those who submit their application until the end of December 2016 are exempt of this fee)
- Between March 2017 and March 2018: 7 installments of € 1,350
- May 2018: 1 installment of € 1,250
These amounts pertain only to the MIF Program and do not include the preparation of the master's thesis, which is priced at € 3,000.
As a student at CATÓLICA-LISBON, you will have access to special conditions when applying for a loan with Santander Totta Bank, to help finance your studies. Please visit the bank’s website for more information or ask us for a more direct contact.
* Universidade Católica Portuguesa is exempt from VAT.