This program aims to endow the participants with an increased sensibility for the importance of Performance and Management Control in the success of modern organizations, in a framing characterized by fast change.
This program will start to approach the cyclic dynamic of modern management by revealing the predominant part of Management Information Systems in aiding the decision making process, specially in complex and decentralized organizations.
In this context themes like A-B-M (Activity based management), Contributions per segment analysis, Internal transfer prices defining, Accountability, Budgeting and Deviation analysis
, among others, will be approached.
In this Control branch, mainly financial and retrospective, the program will evolve towards a strategic approach to Management Control
in performance evaluation, suported in KPI's
, with emphasis on the vanguard theme, the Balanced Scorecard
, focusing as well, in this context on the questions of incentives and Ethics.
The program will close with a prospective approach to the perspectives and matching tendencies in creating Performance evaluation and Management Control models.
- Provides an integrated and top-down vision for Management Control in Organisations;
- Promotes mastering state-of-the-art criteria and methods to assess performances.
- Providing companies with specialised and non-specialised executives who have additional capacities in terms of the strategic aspect of control;
- Stimulates the practical application of the skills developed to conceive and dynamise models to Assess Performance Management and Control;
- Contributes towards reinforcing a culture of rigour and excellence in company management, since it prepares and sensitises executives with regard to management control issues.
Assuming a mainly practical orientation the Performance and Management Control Program aims for the development of competences in performance evaluation and management control in two fundamental branches: dominating the techniques and instruments, and the sensibility essential for it's application in solving specific situations. The themes to be developed will be approached by by a teaching faculty of an excellent technical and scientific calibre and many years of practical experience.